Asian-Inspired Chicken Salad
- 25 g brown sugar
- 10 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml sesame oil (optional)
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 45 ml rice vinegar
- 224 g dried rice noodles
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 9 g sesame seeds, toasted
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Prepare the dressing 30 minutes ahead of time by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil and rice vinegar in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil and break off bits of the noodles and fry them. They will puff up in the pan, so only add a few at a time. As they begin to puff up, remove and drain them on paper towelling.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, spring onions and sesame seeds. Leave in the refrigerator to chill ,about 10 minutes. Just before serving add the cooked rice noodles and toss with desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately in large bowls. Garnish with extra toasted sesame seeds if desired.