Asian Prawn and Noodle Soup
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch dried crushed chillies
- 2 litres (7 1/2 cups) chicken stock
- 125g diagonally sliced carrots
- 125g diagonally sliced celery
- 125g snow peas
- 370g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 125g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- In a large saucepan over medium heat cook onion, garlic, ginger and crushed chillies in oil for 2 minutes.
- Pour in stock, carrots and celery and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in snow peas and prawns.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Break noodles into 5cm pieces and add to soup.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and prawns are pink. Stir in soya sauce and pepper and serve.