Barbecued Asian Chicken
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 20 ml sesame oil
- 30 ml honey
- 3 slices fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, honey, ginger root and garlic. Heat in microwave on medium for 1 minute, then stir. Heat again for 30 seconds, watching closely to prevent boiling.
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over, and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue for medium-high heat. Drain marinade from chicken into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Set aside for basting.
- Lightly oil the barbecue hot plate.Cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes each side, or until juices run clear when skewered.
- Baste frequently with remaining marinade. Chicken will turn a beautiful golden brown.