Barbecued Salmon Kebabs
- 455 g salmon filet without skin
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 60 ml honey
- 15 ml rice vinegar
- 2 g minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 162 g fresh lemon wedges
- 12 skewers
Prep:45min › Cook:8min › Ready in:53min
- Slice salmon fillets lengthwise into 12 long strips, and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over skewers, turning to coat. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes. When finished marinating, transfer marinade to a small saucepan, and simmer for several minutes.
- Preheat barbecue for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil cooking grill hotplate. Thread 1 lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer. Cook skewers 4 minutes on each side, brushing often with marinade, until fish flakes easily with a fork.