Broccoli, tomato & cheese omelette
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cooked chopped broccoli (195 g from frozen; 165 g from fresh)
- 1 large plum tomato, sliced
- ½ cup (55 g) coarsely grated reduced-fat Swiss-style cheese
Prep:10min › Cook:8min › Ready in:18min
- Coat a 25 cm non-stick frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Beat eggs, egg white, milk and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Add broccoli. Pour into pan, spreading evenly. Cook, without stirring, until the mixture starts to thicken slightly around the edge, about 1 minute. Run a thin spatula around the edge of the pan, lifting mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath the cooked one. Cook until centre is still moist but not runny, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices over one half of omelette. Top with cheese. Fold omelette over to cover filling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until the egg component is set but still soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Slide omelette onto serving plate.
1 cup of cooked broccoli contains more vitamin C than a fresh orange!