Bruschetta al Pomodoro
- 8 seeded, chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- 5 leaves chopped fresh Italian basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (450g) loaf French or Italian-style bread
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Extra time:10min setting › Ready in:20min
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper and olive oil. Use more olive oil, if necessary, to coat the entire mixture. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice the bread. On a baking tray, arrange the slices in a single layer. Brown both sides of the bread slightly in the oven. Remove the slices from the oven. Spread the tomato mixture on the slices. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture is hot but not cooked.