- Shortbread Base
- 1 2/3 cups (220g) plain flour
- 165g butter
- 1/3 cup (90g) white sugar
- Caramel Filling
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 375g dark chocolate
Prep:4hr › Cook:30min › Ready in:4hr30min
- Place first three ingredients - flour, butter and sugar - in a food processor and process until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Press into a 20cmx20cm tin.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Put the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup into a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour mixture onto cooled base and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, checking stirring every 30 seconds. When melted evenly, spread over caramel and cool in fridge. When chocolate is just beginning to set, cut into bars.