Chicken Broccoli Ca - Unieng's Style
- 375g boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) dark soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into rings
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- ½ bunch bok choy, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with equal parts water
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, oyster sauce and soya sauce. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir fry garlic and onion until soft and transparent.
- Increase heat to high. Add chicken and marinade, stir-fry until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in water, pepper and sugar. Add bok choy and broccoli, and cook stirring for 5 more minutes. Pour in the cornflour mixture, and cook until sauce is thickened.