- 1kg skinless chicken (I prefer chicken necks)
- 3 celery sticks 8cm lengths (leave some with leaves)
- 1 carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 yellow onion choppped into half rings
- 1-2 tbls of stock powder
- 1/4 tsp of pepper (or to taste)
Prep:5min › Cook:8hr › Ready in:8hr5min
- Place chicken in first spread evenly. Add onion, carrot, and celery. Sprinkle stock powder over top of ingredients, and pepper to taste. Fill with water about 1cm from top of slow cooker dish.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 7-8 hours.
- You may need to skim the top to remove foam from chicken towards the end of cooking. Remove all vegetables and serve as broth, add extra hot water if flavour too strong or for extra serves.
- Alternative 1: Remove all vegetables after cooking and place 1 cup of macaroni pasta to broth, cook on high for further 40-60 mins. Serve with crusty bread.