Chicken chilli basil
- 2 tablespoons chilli oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 hot chillis, chopped roughly (or to taste)
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 150g fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch Thai basil
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook the garlic and chillies until golden brown. Mix in chicken and sugar, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, but not done.
- Stir oyster sauce into the wok. Mix in the mushrooms and onions, and continue cooking until onions are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove from heat, and mix in basil. Let sit 2 minutes before serving.