Chicken kebabs with chilli dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) soya sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 chicken breast fillets, each about 150 g, cut into cubes
- Chilli dipping sauce
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
Prep:2hr15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:2hr35min
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken, mix well, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in plenty of cold water for at least 30 minutes. Alternatively, use metal skewers. Preheat a grill to a moderate heat.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto the skewers, reserving the marinade. Grill for 10 minutes, brushing the kebabs after 5 minutes with the leftover marinade mixture to keep the chicken moist. Turn the kebabs occasionally so that the chicken becomes tender and slightly charred all over.
- Arrange the chicken kebabs on a warmed platter. Pour the dipping sauce into a small bowl and serve straight away.