Chicken Tandoori Risotto
- 2 cups of uncooked arborio rice
- I large garlic clove chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15ml) oil
- 100g shredded roast chicken
- 1 Tbsp Sherwoods Tandoori Paste
- 2 Tbsp Weight Watchers Light Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 6 cups (1.5L) Massel chicken stock (made from Stock cubes)
- Fresh parmesan cheese for garnish.
- Salt and Pepper
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Fry the garlic and onion in the oil. Add the arborio rice and stir onion and garlic through.
- Add some chicken stock. Enough to make a thick mixture. Stir until dissolved and add more and keep repeating until the risotto is soft enough to eat or the way you want it.
- Add the shredded chicken, tandoori paste and sour cream. Stir to mix the flavours through. Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and freshly shaved parmesan cheese. This recipe isn't that spicy so if you lke it hotter, add a little more tandoori paste at that step. I am also wheat intolerant so this meal contains no wheat or Gluten.