Chicken with Green Capsicum in Black Bean Sauce
- 30 ml toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 105 g black bean sauce
- 6 g salt
- 340 g skinless, boneless chicken breast half - cut into cubes
- 1 cube chicken bouillon dissolved in
- 120 ml boiling water
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 green bell pepper, diced
- 20 ml dark soy sauce
- 2 g black pepper
- 10 g cornstarch dissolved in
- 45 ml water
- 10 g chopped fresh cilantro
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Heat a wok over a medium heat until hot, add the sesame oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, garlic and black bean sauce. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook while stirring until it is cooked throughout. Dissolve the stock cube in 1 cup boiling water and stir in. Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the onion, soy sauce, spring onions, coriander, black pepper and capsicum. Cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until most of the liquid is reduced.
- Mix the cornflour with 3 tablespoon of water and add it to the wok.
- Stir the mixture until the sauce thickens and add more salt and pepper if required.
- Serve on jasmine rice.