Chocolate fudge cupcakes
- 120g dark chocolate
- 250g butter
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups chopped pecans
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Line 24 muffin cups with patty cups. In the top of a double boiler combine the chocolate and butter. Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Sift flour and sugar together into a large bowl. With mixer on low speed, beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in chocolate mixture, vanilla and pecans. Fill patty cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Do not overcook. Tops should be shiny but give slightly when touched.