Chocolate Nut Cookies
- 250 gm butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (peanuts or macadamias are good)
- 375 gm dark chocolate buttons (roughly chopped)
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to at 190 degrees C.
- Cream softened butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well. Mix in nuts and chocolate with wooden spoon or scraper.
- Take a teaspoon or tablespoon at a time and roll into balls. Place about 5cm apart on a greased oven tray. Press down lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lift off tray carefully and cool on biscuit rack. Store in an airtight container.