Coconut custard steamed in a pumpkin
- 1 medium pumpkin, about 1 - 1.5kg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 150g palm sugar
- 150g granulated sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds, but leave the meat intact.
- Begin heating a steamer that is large enough to fit the pumpkin.
- Combine the eggs with the palm sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until the sugar is dissolved. Add the coconut milk and mix well. Pour this mixture into the pumpkin and balance on a steam tray.
- Place the pumpkin in the steamer and steam until the custard is set and the pumpkin is soft, about 30- 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into wedges, or place in the refrigerator and cool completely. This dessert can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.