Coconut-topped sweet potato pudding
- 2 medium orange sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 can (375 ml) light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (115 g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) orange juice concentrate
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (40 g) desiccated coconut
Prep:15min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr15min
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Coat a 2 litre baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together sweet potato, evaporated milk, oil, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, ginger, cloves, allspice, salt, egg and egg whites in a large bowl. Pour into the baking dish. Cover dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake, uncovered, until the centre is set and coconut turns golden, about 30 minutes.