CORWYNN's Pasta e Fagioli I
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (400g) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup (70g) seashell pasta
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Heat oil in 4-litre Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, undrained cannellini beans, chicken broth, parsley, basil and pepper to Dutch oven and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for approximately 1 minute and then let simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Add pasta to Dutch oven and simmer approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve immediately and enjoy.