Easy Pasta Fagioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 thin slice yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 (250ml) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (500ml) can chicken stock
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian basil leaves
- 1 (450g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (160g) ditalini pasta
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute carrot, celery and onion until soft. Add garlic and saute briefly. Stir in tomato sauce, chicken broth, pepper, parsley and basil; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ditalini pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Add beans to the sauce mixture and simmer for a few minutes. When pasta is done, stir into sauce and bean mixture.