- 1/3 cup (80ml) warm water (45 degrees C/110 degrees F)
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (180g) butter, softened
- 3 1/3 cups (415g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:45min proofing › Ready in:1hr20min
- Place the first seven ingredients in bread machine in order suggested by your manufacturer. Select dough cycle.
- Turn finished dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead 5 to 10 times. Separate into 2 or 3 pieces. Roll with hands into strips. Braid or twist strips together. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Whisk together 1 egg white and the water. Brush onto the top of the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.