- 3/4 cup (80g) candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup (70g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (80g) raisins
- 1/2 cup (80g) sulatanas
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thin cream
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Prep:20min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Toss the candied orange peel, walnuts, and raisins with 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar and honey. Beat in the egg, then the cream or milk, rum, and vanilla. Stir together the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and the baking powder; beat into the creamed mixture. Stir in the fruits and nuts. Turn the batter into a greased and floured 24cmx13cm (9 x 5 inch) loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 175 degrees C (350 degrees F) oven for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 165 degrees C (325 degrees F). Bake the cake 45 minutes longer, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Transfer to a rack to cool.