Green pasta salad
- 500g green fettuccine
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 small Lebanese or pickling cucumbers
- 250g rocket
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 250g bocconcini
- black olives for garnish
- Basil pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons grated pecorino
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Cook pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, following package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold running water and leave to cool. Cut tomatoes in half. Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise and slice thinly.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, rocket, onion and pasta in a large bowl. Drain bocconcini and mix into the salad.
- To make basil pesto, clean leaves by wiping them with paper towel; do not wash. Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and pecorino in a food processor and process finely. Combine oil, lemon juice and stock in a small bowl and add to mixture in a steady stream with the motor running until amalgamated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir basil pesto into salad or serve separately. Spoon salad into individual bowls and garnish with olives.