Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- For the noodles
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 280g (2,1/4 cups) plain flour
- For the soup
- 2 Litres ( 8 cups) chicken stock
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 1,500g bag frozen sweetcorn (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken stock cube
Prep:45min › Cook:1hr40min › Ready in:2hr25min
- Mix eggs and milk together in a bowl until well beaten, and then mix in salt and flour to make a stiff dough. On a floured surface roll dough out very thin. Let dry 30 minutes and then cut into thin strips. Place on greaseproof paper and let the noodles air dry.
- In a large stockpot, add chicken stock, celery, onion, carrots and garlic. Fill stockpot nearly to the top with water. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour.
- Add chicken and optional sweetcorn. Season with salt, pepper and chicken stock cube. Simmer further 10 minutes, checking to see if water level has decreased. Add water if needed.
- Bring soup to the boil, add noodles, stirring constantly to prevent sticking together. Return to the boil and cook the noodles until tender, about 20 minutes Serve hot.