Indian Tandoori Chicken
- 1 kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 300ml (1¼ cups) natural yoghurt
- 1/2 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Prep:25min › Cook:20min › Extra time:6hr15min › Ready in:7hr
- Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and lemon juice. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine yoghurt, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and cayenne pepper. Mix until smooth. Stir in yellow and red food coloring.
- Place chicken pieces into shallow dish.Spread yoghurt mixture over chicken. Cover, and marinate in the fridge overnight if possible.
- Preheat the barbecue for medium high heat, and lightly oil the grill hotplate.
- Barbecue the chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with coriander and lemon wedges.