Italian Vegetable Soup
- 450g minced beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (410g) tin diced roma tomatoes
- 1 (400g) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb mix
- 1 (400g) can tomato sauce
- 2 cubes beef stock
- 2 (600g) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups (1500ml) water
- 2 cups (500g) water
- 2 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian basil
- 1/2 cup (60g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 (400g) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (400g) can green beans
- 1 cup (110g) macaroni
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Place minced beef in a large soup pot. Cook over medium heat until evenly browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, water and bouillon. Season with parsley, oregano and basil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrot and celery until onion is translucent and vegetables are tender; 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, corn, green beans and pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in tomatoes and Italian herb mix then cook 5 minutes more stirring frequently.
- Dissolve stock cubes in water and stir into vegetables. Adjust heat to a medium simmer and cook approximately 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cabbage. Sprinkle with garlic salt and cook until tender; 5 minutes more. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper then serve.