Italian Wedding Soup I
- 230g extra-lean minced beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 5 3/4 cups (1.5litre) chicken broth
- 2 cups thinly sliced escarole, or other leafy vegetable
- 1 cup (110g) uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion powder; shape into 2cm balls.
- In large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in escarole, orzo pasta, chopped carrot and meatballs. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.