Jab Chae (Korean clear Noodle)
- ½ pound sweet potato vermicelli noodle (Dangmyun)
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 100g (.25 pound) lean beef, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned 5cm (2 inch) long
- 3 green onion, cut 5cm (2 inch) long
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- Sauce Ingredient
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) soya sauce
- ½ tablespoon caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Boil the water and add the vermicelli noodle. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the noodle get clear and soft. Drain in a colander, let it set for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water. Cut the noodles 2-3 times.
- Sauté beef with 2-3 drops oil, garlic, pinch of salt and black pepper. Sauté individually carrot, onion and green onion with 2-3 drops oil, pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Put all of them in a large bowl. Put the noodles into the bowl; add the sauce ingredients mix well.