Leftover Roast Beef and Mix Vege Potato Hash
- 500g small new potatoes, cut into 5mm cubes
- 2 carrots, quartered lengthways and thinly sliced
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- pepper to taste
- 175g roast beef, cut into 1cm cubes
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for about 6 minutes or until almost tender. Add the carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain.
- Coat a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Add 3 tsp of the oil and heat over a medium–low heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 7 minutes or until the onion is golden brown.
- Increase the heat to medium–high. Add the remaining 2 tsp of oil to the pan. Add the potatoes and carrots, corn and pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the mixture starts to form a crust on the base.
- Stir in the beef and press down on the mixture to make a firm cake. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the base has a good browned crust. Serve hot.