- For the base
- 190g plain flour
- 80g icing sugar
- 170g butter, softened
- For the lemon filling
- 3 eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 60ml lemon juice
- 40g icing sugar for decoration
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease a 20-23cm x 30cm x 5cm deep baking pan.
- Combine the base ingredients and pat dough into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, whisk together eggs, caster sugar, flour and lemon juice until frothy. Pour this lemon mixture over the hot base.
- Return to the preheated oven for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust the top with icing sugar and cut into squares.