- 85 g cream cheese, softened
- 30 g confectioners' sugar
- 30 g margarine, softened
- 220 g packed brown sugar
- 60 g chopped walnuts
- 80 ml maple flavored syrup
- 240 g baking mix
- 60 ml milk
- 25 g white sugar
- 1 egg
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C).
- Mix cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, and margarine or butter. Reserve.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, and syrup in ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan. Spread evenly.
- Mix baking mix, milk, white sugar, and egg until dough forms. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Gently smooth dough into a ball on a cloth-covered board dusted with baking mix. Knead 8 times.
- Roll the dough out into a 16x9 inch rectangle. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Carefully fold the dough lengthwise into thirds. Press edges to seal securely. Cut into 16 1-inch strips. Gently twist ends of strips in opposite directions. Arrange on the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 C) until brown, about 15 minutes. Invert on a heatproof serving plate. Refrigerate any remaining rolls.