Mary's Beef Cutlets
- 500g minced beef
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 1 fresh green chilli, chopped
- 2 1/2 cm ginger, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1-2 cups chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Boil the potatoes and mash. Cool and set aside.
- Saute the beef in pan and cook until beef is dry. Remove from heat and set aside. Heat a pan with a little oil and saute the onions with ginger, chillies and cook until onions are softened.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, sauteed onion mixture, fresh coriander together with the mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Form into small patties.
- Prepare a dish with beaten egg, another for the breadcrumbs. Dip the patties first in egg and then breadcrumbs. You can prepare the cutlets ahead of time up to this point and chill in refrigerator to cook later.
- Heat oil in frying pan until hot and deep fry the cutlets until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.