- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 2 (400g) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large head cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (400g) can kidney beans
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (110g) uncooked orzo pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- In a large soup pot combine the vegetable stock, the undrained tomatoes, potato, onion, celery, carrot, cabbage and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, corn, zucchini and pasta; simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.