Molten Chocolate Cakes
- 125g butter
- 100g good-quality plain chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
Prep:15min › Cook:7min › Ready in:22min
- Preheat the oven to 230 C. Butter and flour 4 ramekins or souffle pots.
- In the top half of a double boiler or basin set over simmering water, heat the butter and the chocolate until chocolate is almost completely melted.
- Use a hand held electric mixer beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until light coloured and thick.
- While beating, slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 prepared dishes and bake for 6 to 7 minutes. The centres of the cakes will still be quite soft. Turn dishes onto serving plates and let stand for about 15 seconds, then unmould. Serve immediately with fresh cream, if desired.