One Bowl Easy Chocolate Cake
- 250g plain flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 75g cocoa
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) cold coffee (instant, filter or espresso)
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon (100ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vinegar
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 23x33cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs, coffee, milk, oil and vinegar. Mix until smooth: the batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin before slicing and serving.