Orange-scented fruit compote
- 1¼ cups prunes
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 3/4 cup dried peaches or pears, halved
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 vanilla bean, halved
- 1 tablespoon julienned orange zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange flower water or rose water
- 1 cup plain low-fat yoghurt
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Rinse the prunes, apricots and peaches and place in a large saucepan with 4 cups water. Add the sultanas, vanilla bean and the orange zest. Partly cover and bring slowly to the boil.
- Fully cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Cover and simmer over low heat for a further 15 minutes then allow to cool.
- Add the orange flower water to the fruit. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate. Serve with the yoghurt on the side.