Orietta's Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 tblspns cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a casserole or pyrex dish (28x18cm or 23x23cm.) This is the final presentation dish you can cut and serve from: no need to turn the cake out onto a platter.
- Place first 5 ingredients into a saucepan and heat on medium. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and cool.
- Mix in 2 eggs and flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pyrex dish. Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Remove when done and cool. Cover with chocolate icing and sprinkles or a simple dusting of icing sugar.