Pan-grilled tomato, mozzarella & basil sandwich
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese (125 g total)
- 8 thin slices tomato, seeded
- 8 thin slices red onion
- 8 basil leaves, shredded
- 8 small slices foccacia or ciabatta bread
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
Prep:10min › Cook:4min › Ready in:14min
- Pat dry mozzarella and tomato with paper towels.
- Place 1 mozzarella slice, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices and 2 shredded basil leaves on each of 4 slices of bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add sandwiches; cook, firmly pressing down with a spatula, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Turn sandwiches over. Cook, pressing down, until sandwiches are browned and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.