Peppered fish with lemon and basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 green capsicums, seeded and thinly sliced
- 175 g snow peas
- 500 g firm white fish fillet, skinned and cut into 4 cm chunks
- 1 lemon, zest grated and juiced
- 2 teaspoons mixed peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 200 g frozen peas, thawed
- 85 g bean sprouts
- 15 g fresh basil, finely shredded
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the capsicums and snow peas and continue stir-frying for 3–5 minutes until the vegetables are tender but still crisp. Transfer the vegetables to a plate using a slotted spoon and keep them in a warm place.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat, then add the fish and stir-fry over a gentle heat for about 4 minutes, carefully turning the chunks so as not to break them up, until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily when tested with the point of a knife.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and crushed peppercorns to the wok. Return the stir-fried vegetables to the wok together with the peas and bean sprouts. Heat through, stirring, for 2–3 minutes. Scatter the basil over the top and serve at once.