Peria Goreng Daging (Stir-fry Beef with Bitter gourd)
- 1 medium size bitter gourd
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 300 gm topside beef, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- salt and white pepper
- oil for cooking
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Extra time:25min › Ready in:50min
- Marinade the beef slices in oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and cornflour and set aside.
- Cut the bitter gourd in half, scoop out the seeds and slice thinly. Soak the bitter gourd in a bowl of salt water for about 30 minutes. This will take out the bitterness. Drain and squeeze out water before cooking.
- Heat oil in pan and saute onions until soft. Add the garlic ,ginger and bitter gourd and stir-fry.
- Add the beef and stir-fry until beef is cooked. Season with salt and white pepper. serve hot.