Quick Bean and Vegetable Curry
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 80 g frozen corn kernels
- 75 g frozen green peas
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 (14.4 ounce) can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 440.2 g garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 90 ml water
- 1 g ground turmeric
- 1 g chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 g cumin
- 1 g ground coriander
- 4 g mustard seed
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
Prep:12min › Cook:25min › Ready in:37min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and potato; cook for 5 minutes or until slightly soft but don’t overcook. Add the peas and corn (if frozen) to the boiling water in the final minute. Drain.
- While the vegetables are boiling, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook and stir until the onions are translucent. Add the chopped tomatoes and 80ml water to the onions. Add the turmeric, chilli powder, cumin, coriander powder, mustard seeds and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Mix in the vegetables and increase the heat to high. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium, add the kidney beans and chick peas and simmer for 7 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and cook for 3 more minutes ensuring the milk doesn’t curdle. Taste, and cook for longer or adjust seasonings if required.