Reshmi Chicken Kebabs
- 6 almonds
- 6 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2.5cm piece ginger, peeled
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened (45%) cream
- 1kg skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets cut into cubes
- 30g (2 tbs) butter, melted
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Place almonds in a small bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 15 to 20 minutes then drain.
- Place almonds, chillies, garlic, ginger and coriander into the bowl of a food processor; blend until smooth. Season with salt, blend in lemon juice and cream.
- Transfer mixture to a large, non metallic bowl. Place chicken in bowl, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat, and lightly oil barbecue grill grate. Remove chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Brush chicken with butter, and arrange skewers on hot grill. Slowly barbecue, turning frequently until cooked through.