Rich Chocolate Truffle Tart
- 375g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 375ml (12 fl oz) very thick (45%) cream
- 3 tablespoons sifted icing sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 23cm prepared chocolate biscuit crust or tart shell
Prep:20min › Extra time:8hr40min › Ready in:9hr
- In microwave dish, combine chocolate and 1/2 of the cream. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. Mix well and spoon into prepared tart shell.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.