Seared Prawns on Chilli & Lemon Pasta
- 8 Raw Prawns (large)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbs (30ml) olive oil
- 100 grams butter
- 1 1/2 tbs capers (drained)
- 150 grams angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup (65ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1-2 small fresh red chillis seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- lemon wedges to serve
Prep:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Remove the heads from the prawns and shell leaving the tails on.
- Slice them down the back - without cutting right through, then open them out and remove the vein.
- Rinse under water and then pat dry
- Place flour, salt and pepper in bag and then toss in each prawn to lightly season. Set aside.
- Heat oil and half the butter in a fry pan and add the capers for 1 minute. Remove capers and set aside.
- Cook the prawns cut-side-down for a couple of minutes then turn. Once pink/orange and slightly golden remove and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta until al-dente then drain and set aside (keep 1/4 cup (65ml) of the fluid for use later)
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and add the lemon rind, chilli and capers cooking until fragrant.
- Add the pasta and parsley tossing until evenly coated with the butter. If needed use some of the water from the cooked pasta that you set aside earlier to moisten.
- Divide into two dishes and place four prawns on each
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley and a lemon wedge.