Seared Scallops with Spicy Fruit Salsa
- 90g fresh pineapple, diced
- 90g fresh mango, diced
- 60g cucumber, peeled and diced
- 90g red pepper, diced
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño chilli (or green chilli), seeded and minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500g sea scallops, rinsed and drained
Prep:20min › Cook:8min › Ready in:28min
- Combine the pineapple, mango, cucumber, red pepper, coriander, lime juice and chilli. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a large lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add half of the scallops to the pan; sear until golden brown on both sides - about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to a warmed plate while searing the remaining scallops.
- Spoon the salsa over the scallops, and serve immediately.