Sizzling beef fajitas
- 85 ml lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- black pepper to taste
- 350 g well-trimmed sirloin steak
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 2 large red capsicums, seeded and cut lengthways into flat panels
- 20g finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 flour tortillas (about 18 cm in diameter)
- 4 ⅓ cups (250 g) shredded lettuce
- 85 g plain low-fat yoghurt
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:45min
- Combine the lime juice, chilli powder, oregano, coriander and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the steak in a shallow bowl and spoon 2 tablespoons of the lime mixture on top; turn to coat both sides. Leave to stand while you grill the vegetables.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Spray the grill tray with cooking spray. Place the onions and capsicum pieces, skin-side up, on the tray. Grill for about 10 minutes or until the capsicums are charred and the onions are golden brown. Remove from the grill. When cool enough to handle, peel the capsicums and thickly slice.
- Add the capsicums and onions, together with the fresh coriander, to the remaining lime juice mixture and toss.
- Grill or barbecue the steak for about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your taste. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Grill the tortillas for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly browned.
- Place the sliced steak, capsicums and onions, lettuce, yoghurt and flour tortillas in serving containers. Let each person fill his or her own tortilla.