Snapper in Sour Lemongrass Broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1.25 litres water
- 6 stalks lemon grass, ground
- 4 tablespoons tamarind juice
- salt to taste
- 900g red snapper fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix in spring onions, garlic, crushed chillies and turmeric. Cook and stir until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Pour water into frying pan, and mix in lemon grass and tamarind juice. Season with salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir snapper into boiling mixture. Cook 10 minutes, or until fish pieces are easily flaked with a fork.