Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 green capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into long, thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 60ml (1/4 cup) soya sauce
- 225g can pineapple pieces, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium high heat and brown chicken. Add green and red capsicum, carrot and garlic and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornflour and soya sauce. Add to wok along with the pineapple and juice, vinegar, sugar and ginger. Stir together and bring to a boil.