Tim's Mac and Cheese
- 1, 500g packet elbow macaroni
- 125g butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 185g (1 1/2 cups) shredded tasty Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and place in a bowl until required.
- In a large sauce pan, melt 60g butter over medium heat. Add flour and some ground black pepper to taste,stir until a paste-like consistency.
- Add milkand stir continually until sauce starts to thicken; slowly stir in cheese 1/2 cup at a time until all cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Pour cheese mixture over macaroni. Mix well and pour into a lightly greased 20-23cmx30cm inch baking dish.
- Place bread pieces on top of macaroni mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Melt remaining butter and pour over bread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve.