- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 450g dry navy beans, soaked overnight
- 4 cups (1 litre) mushroom broth
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh savory
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
Prep:20min › Cook:9hr › Ready in:9hr20min
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and carrots in oil until tender.
- In a slow cooker, combine beans, carrots and onion, mushroom broth, bouillon, and bay leaf. Pour in water if necessary to cover ingredients with water. Tie together parsley, rosemary, thyme, and savory, and add to the pot. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Stir in potato, and continue cooking for 1 hour. Remove herbs before serving.