Very Banana Banana Bread
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr5min › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 13x23cm loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack.